The Principle of Mathematical Induction was interesting. The section went into a lot of detail and there was quite a bit of algebra. It was challenging following all the algebra as it became a bit of a blur after a while. I read about how it is critical to perform the algebra correctly and I can see that. I kind of didn't get the point of induction proofs, but the section gave some examples and, though I'm not certain, I suppose that you would only use induction proofs in certain situations. I expect to get more clarity on this principle in the coming sections.
I noticed the induction proofs for n(n+1)/2 and n(n+1)(2n+1)/6. I recognized these from my Math112 class last semester. I found it interesting to see the induction proofs. I don't remember going over them or seeing them in the Math112 class. My professor did, though, tell us the story about Gauss and his adding-integer task. I find it amazing that he was that brilliant. I think that brilliance and genius become evident at a young age and that story was a fun one to share with my family here at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment