I have read about epsilon twice - once in Math 112 and once in Math 113. Both times, I had difficulty with it. I remember missing questions on tests about epsilon as I didn't really get how to calculate it. I saw it again in this reading and it involves a proof and I instantly became confused. Epsilon has become my least favorite Greek letter. I may just chalk it up as a lost cause, but if we do go over any proofs involving epsilon in class, then maybe it might click for me. Based on the reading, all of the convergence proofs seemed to involve epsilon in order to prove convergence. It would probably be a good idea to get a better handle on it.
In my Math 113 class that I'm taking right now, we just got through the section about sequences. This tied into the reading about sequences and convergence and divergence. I didn't gain a full understanding in my Math 113 study about this topic. There is still time in the semester to gain a better understanding. Perhaps my study in this Math 290 class right now will help me in my other math class. I remember reading in my calculus book about these proofs, but kind of reading through them quickly. Now I have the opportunity to seriously revisit the proofs and I do really hope that it will help me get a richer, deeper understanding of calculus and, of course, help with this class. It may end up being a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment