The most difficult part of the material for me is empty sets. I find it challenging to understand them conceptually. I feel that it will take some added focus and exercise in comprehending them and their importance. Also the notation is new to me and will take some getting used to; although, I'm sure it will come naturally as I become more engaged with the material in this course.
I find that it very interesting that this is mathematics. I know that it truly is mathematics, but it reminds me that many people I know believe that mathematics is arithmetic. The material is analytical and logical. I really appreciate that aspect of the mathematics. I believe this will be a very useful skill to sharpen as I progress in my academic career and also in my career as an actuary, which is exciting to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment