Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Introduction, due on January 9

I am a junior and my major is actuarial science.
I have taken Math 112 and Math 113.
I am taking this class to gain a deeper understanding of mathematics with hopes that it will prepare me better for future mathematics classes and all types of learning in my life.  This class can potentially contribute towards a mathematics minor.
The least effective math teacher I've had was very hands-off, requiring little from the students.  I felt that many of my classmates and I would have learned more if we were required to give more effort and challenged to fully comprehend the material.  The most effective math teacher I've had really cared about the students, I believe, and encouraged learning the material while not focusing so much on studying just to pass a test.  This helped strengthen a desire within me to embrace learning and master the subject matter.
I am a returning student after being away from BYU for 8 years.  My freshman year at BYU was in 1998.  I decided I wanted a career change and to finish my undergraduate degree, so my wife and our 3 children moved from Denver, CO to Provo in August 2012 so that I could finish my degree in pursuit of a more satisfying career.
I have no conflict with your scheduled office hours.  The indicated times work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment